Special Report: Economics
January 22, 2020
MONTHLY TOURISM UPDATE (DECEMBER 2019)
- Number of international traveler trips has increased by 7.8% (compared to 2018) and has reached all time high – 9.3 million;
- Number of tourists visiting Georgia has increased by 6.8% (compared to 2018) and has also reached all time high – 5.1 million;
- In 2019, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Russia and Turkey accounted for 33.6% of all international visitor trips in Georgia;
- Since 2011, annual number of arrivals in Georgia has increased by 200.4%;
- On average, 2.8 times as many foreigners visit Georgia in August compared to February;
- State-owned Mountain Resort Development Company has experienced loss of 16.5 million lari in 2018;
- In December 2019, compared to November 2019, hotel price index increased by 9.1%;
- In December 2019, compared to the same period of 2018, hotel price index increased by 1.2%.
SEASONALITY IN GEORGIAN TOURISM
2019 was a successful year for Georgian tourism sector.
Full text is not available for the guests. Please, login, if you already have account, or register to get one.
© 2020 PMCG
Policy and Management Consulting Group (PMCG) is development consulting company, specializing in policy advising, capacity building, social infrastructure development, and corporate management. PMCG is primarily working in the regions of Eastern Europe, the Caucasus, Central Asia, the Middle East and Africa, with bilateral and multilateral development institutions, such as: USAID, European Commission, World Bank, UNDP, ADB, JICA and others.