MONTHLY TOURISM UPDATE (AUGUST 2019)
- In August 2019, compared to August 2018, hotel prices in Georgia decreased by 2.4%. The prices of 3-, 4- and 5-star hotels decreased by 5.3%, while the prices of guesthouses increased by 3.1%;
- In August 2019, compared to August 2018, the number of international travelers’ trips in Georgia increased by 5.8%, among them the number of Russian traveler trips decreased by 6.4%;
- According to Airbnb, in August 2019, the average price of apartments per night in the capitals of Black Sea countries are the following: Kiev – $172, Moscow – $103, Bucharest – $65, Sofia – $43, Tbilisi – $41, Ankara – $30;
- In Georgia, in August 2019, the average cost of a room in a 3-star hotel was 151 GEL per night, while the average cost of a room in a 4-star hotel in Georgia was 230 GEL per night, in a 5-star hotel – 488 GEL per night and a room in a guesthouse was 75 GEL per night;
- In the first half of 2019, the majority of visits by international travelers were made in Tbilisi, in total – 1.7 million visits.