MONTHLY TOURISM UPDATE (DECEMBER 2019)
- Number of international traveler trips has increased by 7.8% (compared to 2018) and has reached all time high – 9.3 million;
- Number of tourists visiting Georgia has increased by 6.8% (compared to 2018) and has also reached all time high – 5.1 million;
- In 2019, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Russia and Turkey accounted for 33.6% of all international visitor trips in Georgia;
- Since 2011, annual number of arrivals in Georgia has increased by 200.4%;
- On average, 2.8 times as many foreigners visit Georgia in August compared to February;
- State-owned Mountain Resort Development Company has experienced loss of 16.5 million lari in 2018;
- In December 2019, compared to November 2019, hotel price index increased by 9.1%;
- In December 2019, compared to the same period of 2018, hotel price index increased by 1.2%.
SEASONALITY IN GEORGIAN TOURISM
2019 was a successful year for Georgian tourism sector.