MONTHLY TOURISM UPDATE (NOVEMBER 2019)
- In 2018, 73.8% of incoming international visitor trips into Georgia were made through land passes, 24.8% was made via air, 0.94% by railways and only half a percentage by sea;
- Kutaisi airport served 80% less passengers compared to Tbilisi airport in 2018, and hosted 90% less international visitors;
- The biggest country by incoming air travel in Georgia is Russia: in 2018 almost 530 thousand Russians travelled in Georgia via Air transportation. Iran and Israel follow Russia with 216 and 170 thousand trips respectively;
- In the first 11 months of 2019, 7.2 million international visitor trips were made in Georgia, which is 6.6% higher compared to the last year’s respective period;
- In November 2019, compared to October 2019, hotel price index decreased by 6.4%;
- In November 2019, compared to the same period of 2018, hotel price index decreased by 0.5%.