Special Report: Economics
September 18, 2018
FOREIGN DIRECT INVESTMENT, JANUARY-JUNE 2018
Analysis of the preliminary data on FDI for the first half of 2018 revealed the following general findings:
- The financial, energy, and construction sectors attracted the most FDI;
- Azerbaijan, the United Kingdom, and the Netherlands were the largest investing countries for Georgia;
- Based on the cumulative values of the past 4.5 years, transports and communications is the most attractive sector for FDI in Georgia;
- The shares of FDI from China and the EU in the total FDI in Georgia were their highest since 2014;
- Based on a semi-annual analysis, reinvestments surpassed equity for the first time in the available data of 2013-2018.
According to the preliminary data, in the first half of 2018, FDI in Georgia amounted to US$676.2 mln, a US$73.2 mln (9.8%) decrease compared to the corresponding period of 2017.
Full text is not available for the guests. Please, login, if you already have account, or register to get one.
© 2018 PMCG
Policy and Management Consulting Group (PMCG) is development consulting company, specializing in policy advising, capacity building, social infrastructure development, and corporate management. PMCG is primarily working in the regions of Eastern Europe, the Caucasus, Central Asia, the Middle East and Africa, with bilateral and multilateral development institutions, such as: USAID, European Commission, World Bank, UNDP, ADB, JICA and others.