Special Report: Economics
September 19, 2019
MONTHLY TOURISM UPDATE (AUGUST 2019)
- In August 2019, compared to August 2018, hotel prices in Georgia decreased by 2.4%. The prices of 3-, 4- and 5-star hotels decreased by 5.3%, while the prices of guesthouses increased by 3.1%;
- In August 2019, compared to August 2018, the number of international travelers’ trips in Georgia increased by 5.8%, among them the number of Russian traveler trips decreased by 6.4%;
- According to Airbnb, in August 2019, the average price of apartments per night in the capitals of Black Sea countries are the following: Kiev – $172, Moscow – $103, Bucharest – $65, Sofia – $43, Tbilisi – $41, Ankara – $30;
- In Georgia, in August 2019, the average cost of a room in a 3-star hotel was 151 GEL per night, while the average cost of a room in a 4-star hotel in Georgia was 230 GEL per night, in a 5-star hotel – 488 GEL per night and a room in a guesthouse was 75 GEL per night;
- In the first half of 2019, the majority of visits by international travelers were made in Tbilisi, in total – 1.7 million visits.
Full text is not available for the guests. Please, login, if you already have account, or register to get one.
© 2019 PMCG
Policy and Management Consulting Group (PMCG) is development consulting company, specializing in policy advising, capacity building, social infrastructure development, and corporate management. PMCG is primarily working in the regions of Eastern Europe, the Caucasus, Central Asia, the Middle East and Africa, with bilateral and multilateral development institutions, such as: USAID, European Commission, World Bank, UNDP, ADB, JICA and others.